
Britain's Prince Harry and his fiancée US actress Meghan Markle pose for a photograph in the Sunken Garden at Kensington Palace in west London on November 27, 2017, following the announcement of their engagement.[AFP]
Dozens of questions swirled Thursday as Prince Harry prepares to move back to the UK with his wife and children, six years after his departure sparked a bitter rift with the royal family.
In a surprise move, Harry and Meghan "plan to leave the United States by the end of the month to settle in a private, non-royal residence, which is said to be located outside London", The Daily Telegraph reported late on Wednesday.
Media outlets including the BBC reported the couple's two children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, had already been enrolled in a British school for the start of the school year in early September.
But many questions remain.
Some commentators point out that Harry and Meghan's US adventure has largely failed to live up to expectations.
"Meghan's cookery series didn't go well. They haven't managed to cooperate successfully... with Netflix. And also, they lost Spotify," royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams told AFP.
"I think they've not been a success in Hollywood and I think this is one way to change things, and change things before William becomes king."