
Lead image for No end in sight as health workers' strike leaves patients stranded.
Patients across the country continue to suffer as the stalemate over the healthcare workers' strike drags on, crippling services in public facilities.
The Council of Governors (CoG) insists the workers should resume duty since the process of meeting their demands is already underway. But leaders of the health workers' unions maintain the strike will only be called off once every box has been ticked.
Speaking at a media town hall on Tuesday, August 11, Council of Governors CEO Mary Mwiti told journalists the standoff would be resolved by the end of the week.
"It is just a section of healthcare workers that are on strike. If you compare this with before devolution, we stand at a better place than we were previously," she said.
"Health labour unrests have drastically reduced compared to the last seven years," she added.
Read: Nationwide health workers’ strike deepens as nurses join walkout
From left: Council of Governors CEO Mary Mwiti, KMPDU Secretary-General Davji Atellah and Kiambu Governor Kimani Wamatangi on October 24, 2025.